The game is simple. Players toss colored bean bags toward a tilted board with a 6" diameter hole in the surface. A bag in the hole scores! There are many variations on the basic game, but the equipment is the same.
The best part is that you can use these free plans to build the board in your wood shop, and make the bean bags with a sewing machine and some basic sewing skills.
This is a fun project to build, one that you'll be proud to show off in your back yard or when tailgating before that next game.
Learn how to Make Cornhole Bean Bags.
Download the Free Woodworking Plans (PDF).
- Woodworking: Easy
- Finishing: Paint or Stain (and Polyurethane)
Time to Complete
- 3-4 Hours
- Miter Saw or Circular Saw
- Jigsaw or Band Saw
- Power Drill
- 3 - 1x3 x 8 SPF Lumber
- 1 - 2' x 4' piece of 3/4" sanded (AC) plywood
- 2 - 1/2" tall x 3/4" diameter round rubber bumpers
- Tape Measure
- 2 - 5/16" bolts with washers and nuts
- 1-5/8" Wood Screws
- Wood Filler
- Paint or Stain (and Polyurethane)