The Bottom Line
The key to keeping these hand tools sharp is a good sharpening system such as the Grizzly T10010 Wet Grinder. While it isn't overloaded with features, it does what it is designed to do well. This grinder sharpened my chisels and planes with ease only a few minutes after opening the box. Accessories are available for sharpening knives, scissors, planer knives and more.
- Grinds and hones chisels and planes with ease
- Accessory kits available for sharpening scrapers, knives, scissors, planer knives and more
- Adjustable universal grinding support allows for multiple configurations
- When grinding, water tends to escape the reservoir on the back side
- All dressing tools (for honing the stone) are optional
- Includes 10" grinding wet stone, leather stropping wheel, water reservoir, angle guide and polishing/honing paste.
- Universal support can be positioned for grinding with or against the wheel's rotation.
- In tests, water tended to cling to the wheel and miss the reservoir. A slightly larger reservoir would seem to be a solution.
Guide Review - Grizzly Model T10010 Wet Grinder Review
The universal support was easy to adjust using the angle guide, allowing me to set the support to just the right angle for each tool. The stropping wheel required a light coating of machine oil before adding the honing paste, but this is something that only needs to be done every for five to ten tools sharpened.