The Bottom Line
Shortly after Boeing completed development on a solution designed to protect aircraft parts, someone discovered that the solution worked great to protect other metal surfaces from rust and corrosion, including saw table tops, hand tools, etc.
Boeshield T-9 can be applied with a thin layer for day-to-day protection or lubrication, or with a heavy layer for storage protection. An excellent choice for rust protection.
- Provides rust protection and lubrication for saw tables
- Contains no silicone or teflon, so Boeshield T-9 will not pick up on wood
- Can be used for day-to-day use or long-term storage protection
- Spray nozzle on can is a little difficult to control level of spray
- A bit pricey, but the protection seems worth the price
- Works great in combination with Boeshield Rust Free Rust and Stain Remover.
- Also usable for marine applications, bicycle and automotive parts, garden tools and more.
- Nozzle is designed to be depressed lightly for a thin spray or fully-depressed for a heavier spray.
- Since Boeshield T-9 contains no silicone or teflon, it will not pick up on wood, which could cause damage to wood finishes.
Guide Review - Boeshield T-9 Rust and Corrosion Protection
I had struggled with some rust spots on an area of one of my saw tables for quite a while. Following the instructions on the products, I first used a couple of applications of Boeshield Rust Free Rust and Stain Remover to clean up the troublesome rust spots before applying a layer of Boeshield T-9. Weeks later, the table was still completely clean and rust free.
Boeshield T-9 can be used for long-term storage protection as well. Simply clean the table or metal surface and then apply a heavy coating of T-9 and allow to dry completely. When you're ready to begin using the tool again, simply remove the excess protectant using mineral spirits or a degreaser, and your saw table condition should be as good as when you put it into storage.