The Bottom Line
- A number of woodworking plans included in each issue
- Accurate and comprehensive tool reviews
- Useful tips and Q&A with the editors in each issue
- Projects are typically a bit elementary
- At least one of the woodworking plans in each issue includes a fold-out cutting pattern.
- Published projects seem to be very solid pieces, but typically appear somewhat unrefined.
- Tool Tips are generally comprehensive and accurate, without being overbearing.
Guide Review - Wood Magazine
Each issue includes a very useful "Woodworker's Marketplace" section in the back, which includes a lot of ads for locating some hard-to-find tools and hardware. The magazine also focuses a number of articles on woodworking techniques, teaching them in a helpful, easy-to-follow format.
Better Homes and Gardens' Wood Magazine is published seven times a year. The price is $6.99 on the newsstand, but yearly subscriptions are about $28. Visit the website for subscription information.