The Bottom Line
That being said, the Milwaukee 6021-21 sander performs beautifully, and seems to transmit fewer vibrations through to the operator than comparable sanders. Covered by a five-year warranty and at a reasonable price point, the Milwaukee 6021-21 represents a terrific value.
- Smooth random orbit action without a lot of vibration passed on to operator
- Can be used with 1-1/4" or 2-1/2" dust collection hoses
- Covered by a five-year warranty
- 12-foot power cord is a nice feature
- Ergonomic hand grip may be a little wide for small hands
- The on-off switch is a covered, sealed rocker switch, to keep sawdust out for long life.
- Uses 5-inch diameter, 8-hole hook and loop sanding disks.
- Powerful 3.0 amp, variable speed (7,000-12,000 RPM) motor.
- Includes hard-shell carrying case and dust bag.
Guide Review - Milwaukee 6021-21 Random Orbit Sander Review
In testing the Milwaukee 6021-21, I used some extremely rough-cut lumber, and using a series of progressively finer sanding grits (moving through 50-grit, 80, 120 and 220), in just a few minutes I was able to turn a very rough piece of stock (I actually used a slat from an old pallet) into a smooth, beautiful piece of material that looked like it would belong in any piece of fine furniture.
The other thought that I came away from this review was, after a considerable amount of sanding, my hand didn't really feel like it had been vibrated excessively. This means that the sander can be used for longer periods of time with less fatigue.
After completing the testing of this sander, I checked the price of the unit online and was pleasantly surprised. I expected to see a higher price point for the features and performance of this sander. All in all, based on the price point, I thought the Milwaukee 6021-21 represents an excellent value.
Disclosure: The manufacturer provided free access to this model for review purposes. For more information, please see our Ethics Policy.