The Bottom Line
- Lightweight and exceptionally well-balanced to ease fatigue when nailing overhead
- Includes Sequential Trigger and Dual-Action Trigger for bump-firing
- Accommodates straight collated, 16-ga. finish nails from 1" to 2-1/2" in length
- Tended to jam more frequently than desired when using longer nails
- This finish nailer is very well-balanced to help reduce user fatigue.
- The 360-degree Adjustable Air Deflector has twelve locking positions to direct exhaust away from the operator.
- The E-Z Clear Latch allows jammed nails to be removed from the nose without tools
- Quick-disconnect coupling allows quick air hose connection, with a dust cap to protect the coupling when disconnected.
Guide Review - Review of Grip-Rite 16-Ga. Finish Nailer
Accordingly, we tried numerous brands of nails in this unit for our tests. While we didn't experience any more problems with any one of the brands of nails, we did notice a relatively consistent jamming issue with 1-3/4" or longer nails, about one jam or double-fire per clip. Clearing the jam from the E-Z Clear Latch was a relatively simple process, but occasionally a pair of pliers was needed to remove the jammed nail(s).
Even though the unit did occasionally jam with longer nails, we did not experience even one problem with nails of 1-1/2" in length or less. The unit's depth adjustment mechanism is accurate and easy to adjust for the varying sizes of nails. We did notice that, after some continued fine-adjustments, the occasional jamming issue became less of a problem, although we never could get the issue to go away completely.
Even with the occasional jamming with longer fasteners, we were duly impressed with this finish nailer, and feel it would be a welcome addition to any woodworking shop.