The Bottom Line
This is one fine jigsaw.
- Equipped with an adjustable dust blower to keep sawdust out of the cut line
- 4-position orbital cutting action, for cutting various types of materials
- Includes carrying bag, allen key and one jigsaw blade
- Could be a little bit pricey for some budgets
- Includes a dust extraction port for connecting the jigsaw to a vacuum or dust collection system.
- Soft Grip handle and body make this jigsaw comfortable to use for extended periods of time.
- Backed by a one-year unconditional warranty against manufacturers' defects.
Guide Review - Bosch JS5 Orbital Jigsaw Review
Additionally, the one-handed blade change system is a really nice touch. The blade is inserted into the chuck until you hear a click. To remove the blade, merely turn the chuck with your thumb 1/4 turn and pull out the blade. Very simple to use.
While the Bosch JS5 Orbital-Action Jigsaw is certainly more expensive than a number of the models on the market, it isn't so pricey so as to make it unaffordable to the average woodworker. Some craftsmen may choose to spend their budget elsewhere, but those artisans who seek a top-notch jigsaw could certainly do a lot worse.
Research jigsaw saw reviews on Consumer Search.